FASD Family Summer Camp
Stay Tuned For Some Hopefully Exciting News and Updates on Summer Camp for the year 2014!!
Due to budget cuts in Washington state NOFAS Washington has lost their contract. We are strugggling to keep open the programs possible with volunteers and small donations at this time. However, camp has a much bigger budget. Until we are able to raise additional funds camp is on hold. This is a very hard and painful decision for our entire board and for the families as well.
The 6th Annual FASD Family Summer Camp was held Wednesday August 20 through Sunday August 24, 2008 at Camp Volasuca in Sultan, Washington (just 40 miles northeast of Seattle).
The camp featured activities for children and adolescents with FASD, their parents, and even their siblings, so the whole family was welcome. Parent training activities were offered by the FAS DPN staff and others.
Camp lodging, meals, and activities were included. This included meals and snacks from Wednesday through Sunday lunch. Camp accommodations included tent cabins with bunk beds, bathroom and shower facilities, a swimming pool, trampoline, miniature golf course, playfield, and many other camp amenities.
The camp serves biological, adoptive and foster families as well as grandparents and other relatives serving as caregivers for children with alcohol related disabilities. All camp activities focus on strengthening and empowering families and increasing their capacity to succeed
The goals of the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Family Summer Camp include the following:
- To provide access to services and support systems focused on the prevention of the secondary disabilities of FASD (substance abuse, school failure, multiple home placements and involvement with the juvenile justice system).
- To provide an opportunity for families of children with FASD to gather in a supportive environment to develop and enhance their network of family supports.
- To provide parents and caregivers with an opportunity for respite, education and networking.
- To provide children with FASD the opportunity to interact with other children in developmentally supportive and well supervised recreational and social activities.
- To provide opportunities for siblings to meet and interact and with other siblings of children with FASD.
The Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Family Summer Camp is funded by donations, grants, fundraising and in-kind contributions. We are able to keep costs down by utilizing volunteers and donated supplies. The camp will serve 120 participants at a cost of approximately $350 per person. We are currently seeking grants and individual donations to fund the camp. We would appreciate your donation to support this fun and educational family experience. Please consider making a tax deductible donation and help us realize our goal that...
No child or family will miss this life changing experience because of their inability to pay
- Volunteer/Donate - If you are interested in volunteering your time or donating money or supplies for the camp, please print this form, fill it out and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form.
- Paypal Donation - Alternately, you can click on the button below and send a donation through PayPal.
- Register for Camp - If you wish to attend the FASD Family Summer Camp, please print this form, fill it out and mail it in to P.O. Box 13182 Mill Creek, WA 98082.